Remote reader volunteer opportunities are available to those who live outside the Boulder/ Metro Denver region.
To insure a successful volunteer reader experience, and to insure that we are able to meet our organizational needs, you must be able to meet the following requirements before proceeding further in the volunteer remote reader process:
You will need to:
- Have a personal computer running XP or later O.S.
- Have a computer Microphone
- Know how to use file transfer protocol programs (FTP)
- Know how to trouble shoot problems that may come up in the recording or file sending process
- Enjoy reading local area newspapers
- Be familiar with internet navigation
- Be comfortable with working independently
- Be comfortable with remote support
- Pass the remote reading audition
If you meet the above criteria and would like to continue in the volunteer process please contact Kat Bradbury, Director of Volunteer Services, at the information below.
For other volunteer opportunities, information on our services, or questions please contact:
Kat Bradbury AINC
Director of Volunteer Services